What Flavor is Right for You?
Content Managements Systems come in a lot of flavors. Sure. I've got my favorites, but it isn't one-size-fits-all.
I'll help you choose a system that's right for you. One that's based on your content needs:
- How complex is your content?
- How much money are you prepared to invest in development costs?
- Who will be using the CMS?
- How often will you be updating the website?
"Plan well before you take the journey. Remember the carpenter's rule: Measure twice, cut once."
Content Management Systems
A content management system (CMS) is a powerful publishing tool that can make it easier for you to communicate with your audience.
What a Content Management System Does
A content management system is a tool that allows a website owner to publish content without needing technical knowledge of HTML. Advantages include:
- Update website content and even add pages to your website without needing to hire a web professional.
- Allow multiple users to contribute and manage content.
- Respond quickly with content that your customers and prospective customers want.
- Add shopping carts, blogs or other applications to your website quickly and easily.
What a Content Management System Doesn't Do
Make no mistake - a content management system does not guarantee clear, concise and compelling content. Just because you have a tool that makes it easy to publish content does not guarantee the quality or relevance of your content. That's what content strategy is for - to make sure you have a plan for evaluating existing content, creating new content, publishing content, and managing content that people care about. Content comes first!